Quite appropriate since I’m making a snowboarding game right now.
- First time gaming kids can't play snowboard kids.
Let that sink in. As mentioned in blog post 5. it's due to analog sticks.
- You are secured to your board in real snowboarding as well as in current videogames
- Tricks seemed to be an important aspect of some games but frankly they're not interactive
- Steep is really cool but maybe the snowboarding is too realistic to create deeper gameplay (but it was a combination of games ala blog post 4.)
- There isn't any game that breaks the rules of snowboarding
Actually in general it seems the snowboarding games with analog sticks:
- Do not need analog sticks if the snowboarder leans gradually enough
- Tricks and pipe grinds are common mechanics that require aiming the board and nice button presses
- It's all about not having to press an accelerator button
- The most unrealistic thing was snowboard kids' mario kart style weapons... but we can do more to affect the core gameplay
- The unique part of core gameplay is the steering. Jumping exists in way too many games, so it doesn't count for uniqueness.